Who We Are
The YMCA of Bundaberg Inc. is a not-for profit charity, operating under a license issued by YMCA of Australia. YMCA Bundaberg commenced operations in July 1988. In addition to the traditional YMCA offerings of Childcare, Health, Fitness and sporting activities, YMCA Bundaberg has expanded locally to become a major provider of disability support services, youth and seniors programs to the Bundaberg community. These include;
- Modern air-conditioned 24/7 fitness centre in Bundaberg
- Centrally located 24/7 fitness centre in Bargara
- Support services and community inclusion programs for people with disabilities
- Long day Child Care Centre, including a Kindergarten program.
- Ymazing Play centre and cafe
- Youth based program to assist young people aged who are detached from the education system and/or at risk of offending.
- Respite programs for children with special needs
- Healthy, fun, socially connected friendship programs for Seniors
- A multi-functional facility in Bundaberg that offers an excellent venue to sporting and community groups, schools, families and individuals
YMCA Bundaberg contributes over $4.7 million to the Bundaberg economy annually, providing employment to approximately 85 locals and servicing hundreds of clients across a range of services. YMCA Bundaberg is a modern, progressive organisation with a strong traditional foundation. Our aim is to Connect Happier Healthier Communities.