We will be visiting the ZamZook Alpaca Farm on the 25th March 2020, we are very excited to be visiting.
Some interesting facts about Alpacas:
- Alpacas originate from Peru.
- Alpacas can live well past 20 years of age and will breed for most of those years.
- Alpacas won’t spit or bite unless they have been abused.
- Alpacas hum, they shriek when danger is present, they make a different noise when excited.
- Alpacas mainly eat grass or hay, generally about 1.5% of their body weight per day.
- Did you know Alpacas pee and poo in one spot?
Alpacas serve double duty as guard animals for smaller livestock and chickens. While they can’t take on huge predators, they’re quite effective at keeping foxes and smaller carnivores away from their charges.
If you would like to join us on the 25th March please let us know as we may need to order a bigger bus….. or you could drive out and join us at the farm.