Our Purpose, Mission & Values
At the heart of our work is our purpose – our combined efforts to live and tangibly demonstrate that “We believe in the power of inspired young people”.
The YMCAs of Australia work together from a base of Christian values to provide opportunities for all people to grow in body, mind and spirit.
The YMCAs of Australia are guided to achieve their Mission by the following Christian values:
1. The dignity and intrinsic worth of all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, or belief.
3. Healthy communities based on relationships between people which are characterised by love, understanding, mutual respect, and sense of belonging.
5. The diversity of people, communities and nations.
2. The whole person, consisting of a body, a mind and a spirit each of which is of equal importance.
4. Equality of opportunity and justice for all people.
6. Acceptance of personal responsibility.